In 1923 Cliff D. Carpenter established the first private, exclusively poultry veterinary practice in America. His interest and expertise in all facets of poultry benefited the industry in the United States and the World. This collection contains written and photographic accomplishments during a 45 year period. Copies of Carpenter's research, writings and organizational skills, as well as the events leading to his election to the International Poultry Hall of Fame and the American Poultry Historical Society Poultry Hall of Fame, are documented.
The hundreds of letters and cards containing expressions of sympathy which were sent to his wife Jane upon his untimely death are also a part of this collection.